Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Pacvon Stanislav <st...@aura.cz> on 2013/10/16 11:03:15 UTC

Control characters encoding

Hi,

in the method
org.apache.myfaces.shared.renderkit.html.util.HTMLEncoder.encode there
is not implemented conversion of control characters into HTML entities,
eg. 0x1E (Record Separator) on &#x1e, is it for some reason? According
XML 1.0 spec and HTML spec there are not allowed control chars except
0x09, 0x0A, 0x0D. The rest of them should not appear in an HTML document.

According my opinion those, that are not converted, should be ignored in
HTMLEncoder.

Regards,
Stan

--
Ing. Stanislav Pacvoň
analytik-programátor

AURA, s.r.o.
Úvoz 499/56
602 00 Brno
Česká republika

Tel.: +420 544 508 151
Fax: +420 544 508 112
E-mail: stanislav.pacvon@aura.cz
Web: http://www.aura.cz

Certifikace ISO 9001, ISO 8000, ISO 27001 a ČOS 051622 (AQAP 2110)

Re: Control characters encoding

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes, you're right. It seems this behavior is causing this issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3744
Vertical tab character (\u000B) destroys AJAX-response

And according to this link from W3C,

http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-controls

control characters should be ignored. I'll fix that under MYFACES-3744.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe