Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Carsten Koch <Ca...@icem.com> on 2008/04/10 19:55:12 UTC

Re: merge status codes

Mitch Claborn wrote:
> When I do "svn merge", it lists in the leftmost column a status or
> action code.  Anyone know where there are documented?

I tried "svn merge -h".
Unlike "svn status -h" it does not list the status codes.
And the status codes from "svn status" do not help, because
they do not document what "U" and "G" means.

I searched the entire svn book for occurences of "svn merge",
but none of them explained the merge status codes.

Finally, I tried "svn update -h".
That one does says

   For each updated item a line will start with a character reporting the
   action taken.  These characters have the following meaning:

     A  Added
     D  Deleted
     U  Updated
     C  Conflict
     G  Merged

Those look like the codes also used by "svn merge",
but how can I be sure?

I believe it must be a bug that "svn merge -h" does not list the codes.

Carsten.