Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/06/05 21:04:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Alan Gates has gone emeritus

Alan Gates has resigned from the Calcite PMC, and is now an Emeritus PMC member.

“Emeritus" is an unofficial designation for former project members (PMC or committers) that allows us to recognize their past efforts[1]. I have created a new section on the web site[2] for such emeritus members.

Alan was one of Calcite’s mentors during incubation, and played a very significant role getting the Calcite project (then called Optiq) into Apache. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us, Alan!

Julian

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#emeritus <http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#emeritus>

[2] https://calcite.apache.org/community/#project-members <https://calcite.apache.org/community/#project-members>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alan Gates has gone emeritus

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@apache.org>.
Thanks for letting me help.  Calcite was a pleasure to mentor and I've enjoyed seeing it become the default optimizer for big data projects inside and outside Apache.

Alan.