Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian McCann <Br...@viziant.net> on 2007/03/20 18:35:49 UTC

Issue\bug tracking software

Hi,

I just installed Collabnet SVN version 1.4.2.running on RedHat enterprise 4 at work
I'm looking for recommendations on open source issue\bug tracking software
that interfaces with SVN. I've looked at Trac, but from reading Tracs homepage documentation
there is a lot of tweaking to get a system up and running.

I've also looked at Jira but the cost is a major deterrent
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
BrianM

Re: Issue\bug tracking software

Posted by Brad Rhoads <bd...@gmail.com>.
You might check into a virtual server set up. For example:

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/357

Posted by Ivan Aleman <bo...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/20, Brian McCann <Br...@viziant.net>:

> I'm looking for recommendations on open source issue\bug tracking software
> that interfaces with SVN. I've looked at Trac, but from reading Tracs
> homepage documentation
> there is a lot of tweaking to get a system up and running.

Hello Brian,

Don't get scare about trac setup is not as complicate as it seems,
read the documentation a you'll be fine IMHO trac is a better
issue/bug tracking system than the old good bugzilla.

Bye for now.

--
Iván Alemán -- bonovoxmofo.blogspot.com
Cambia ya!

Re: Issue\bug tracking software

Posted by Ashutosh Mohanty <as...@syncad.com>.
Hi Brian,

Tony is right!!, we are also using trac for the same and its cool !!. Its
very easy , One year back; I did it myself only and found to be very easy,
you just try with trac if you have any concern let me know if I can able to
fix the problem.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Posted by Tony Butt <tj...@cea.com.au>.

Posted by Jared Hardy <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/07, Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, and: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DiscussionPlugin ?

That's the one I haven't seen before. Thanks!

:) Jred

Re: Issue\bug tracking software

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/07, Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > All Trac needs now is a
> > bare-bones Forum and/or Blog plug-in, and it would become my projects'
> > only web collaboration app, other than the SCM tools.
>
> What about http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracBlogPlugin ?

Oh, and: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DiscussionPlugin ?

bye,

Erik.

Re: Issue\bug tracking software

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jared Hardy <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/07, Brian McCann <Br...@viziant.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations on open source issue\bug tracking software
> that interfaces with SVN. I've looked at Trac, but from reading Tracs
> homepage documentation there is a lot of tweaking to get a system up and running.

Don't be deterred by all the steps to install Trac. The instructions
might seem long the first time, because they are so complete, and
because there are so many custom options and plug-ins available. I
found the basic make/make install steps to be very easy. The hardest
thing was setting up the initial PostgreSQL table, and preparing a
matching URL for the "trac-admin init ..." command. Even that was
straightforward, compared to some commercial bug trackers I have used.
Honestly, even with our high ticket volume, the default SQLite setup
would have probably been just fine. It also worked with my existing
AuthType Basic login setup, with no additional configuration. So I
have LDAP authentication set up under Apache in one place for all my
web services, and the only reason I need to set up Trac permissions
settings is for group permissions specific to Trac access. Automagic
single sign on.
    I have used JIRA, Test Track Pro, and Bugzilla in the past, and so
far Trac is my favorite. The integrated Wiki markup, for linking to
tickets and repository browser pages, is so simple, it's genius.
Having a separate Twiki or MediaWiki setup seemed like a boneheaded
move after writing my first Trac Wiki page. All Trac needs now is a

Posted by Ch...@qimonda.com.
See http://www.bugzilla.org/