Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com> on 2009/09/15 17:01:41 UTC

Sub Version

Hi,

I couldn't find any subversion numbers on the bugs which are
fixed/resolved. I am very new to the FOP users/dev list.
If we don't have a column 'subversion' on the bug, will it be nice to
write down the subversion number in your comments? so that all the users
will verify the code easily for the bugs which are resolved.

Thanks,
Venkat.

Re: Sub Version

Posted by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

I apologize for posting this query to fop-dev and fop-users, will follow
as mentioned.
Generally for all the bugs we commit, we will write the down the
subversion numbers in that bug for the next user. When the next user
opens the bug, he will have a direct look into
the code. Agree, what you have said, some bugs may not require any
changes to source code. I will have a look into the ViewVC URL for the
details here onwards.

Thanks,
Venkat.

Re: Sub Version

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Venkat,
please don't cross-post on both dev and users mailing lists. This post
is clearly development-related so belongs on "dev". Thanks.

We usually write down the ViewVC URL for the revisions related to a bug.
It's pretty much all we can do do to link the changes to the Bugzilla
tickets. Of course, not all resolved tickets will also result in a
change in SVN. Also, on the other side, we usually mention the bugzilla
ID on any change related to a Bugzilla issue. But what we don't do is
open a Bugzilla ticket for every change we do.

On 15.09.2009 17:01:41 Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I couldn't find any subversion numbers on the bugs which are
> fixed/resolved. I am very new to the FOP users/dev list.
> If we don't have a column 'subversion' on the bug, will it be nice to
> write down the subversion number in your comments? so that all the users
> will verify the code easily for the bugs which are resolved.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat.

Jeremias Maerki