Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sk...@dcsimtech.com on 2001/04/06 03:49:38 UTC

security question

Hello everybody,

the "problem" is that I should have some security on my site. I think of
authentifikation by a username and password and then access rights for
special areas of the site. so far, so good. I started looking arround. I
know have a login form, a jsp to chaeck username and password and a bean to
store weather the user is loged in or not. OK. but that didn't help me,
because I have cocoon-generated html pages on my site. And as far as I know
in html beans can not be used.

What I thinkis, that you can configure tomcat to check those security
things. I've been to the faq but the security section is empty, i've read
the userguide many times but this points I couldn't find. So the questions
are:

1.) How to set up (for example) basic security in tomcat?

2.) Do I need my own login forms, and how would they work together with
tomcat?

3.) Do I have to check somewhere if a user is loged on?

4.) Is there any FAQ or Tutorial about webserver security?

so thanks for reading this, feel free to answer,

Sascha

Re: security question

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
It's all defined in the servlet spec, downloadable from
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/index.html.

Tomcat comes with a preconfigured example (examples/jsp/security)
demonstrating this.

--Jeff

Re: security question

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
This all is described in the Servlet API spec (context
based security).  More info you can get from the
Tomcat user mailing list.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/