Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mu...@fantasymail.de on 2007/01/15 00:43:04 UTC

New Tapestry feature suggestion: EditForm generation

What about adding "native" Tapestry support for editing (complex)
objects?

For objects thats don't depend on other objects it would be easy (e.g.
simply generating text fields).

For objects that depend on other objects, it could maybe be solved using Annotations?

E.g. One object is Car and one is Engine. If you want to edit a car, a dropdown box with Engines would need to be displayed. As Tapestry needs to know which field is the one to display, this could either be done by using the getName() method, getDisplayName() method or by using Annotations e.h. @DisplayEditField.

This would massively speed up Tapestry projects, you would then only need a single line in your page files and the rest is done by Tapestry....

Re: New Tapestry feature suggestion: EditForm generation

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
My mantra is "open source is selfish" - so plan yes, but somebody needs to
"to scratch that itch" himself before anything happens. For several months,
I've been just a happy user of Trails myself and BeanForm has some answers
for a component approach, so I guess the need for changes hasn't become
strong enough yet.

Kalle

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
I know.. .and sorry, should have been more clear. I've played with 4.1.1,
but decided to wait for 4.1.2 release before I'd even try to do any
integration with Trails. Also I was hoping for a Tacos-like async tree
implementation that would work with 4.1.2.

Kalle

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.