Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Adrian Bates <ad...@gemini.la> on 2006/08/17 15:46:32 UTC

Re: j2ee 1.4

Roger Day <roger.day <at> globalgraphics.com> writes:

> Hi Roger,
>
> Several points:
>
> 1/ If your code does not use a J2EE 1.4 specific API you should be fine
> 2/ Cactus 1.7dev in CVS HEAD actually support J2EE 1.4 but we've not
> finished testing it so it's untested.
> 3/ Basically we have not had the time to completely finish the J2EE 1.4
> support yet. We need some help to get it finished quickly. What's left to
> be
> done is to add support for J2EE 1.4 in the integration modules (Ant and
> Maven namely) + in the samples.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

Do we have any progress report on the production of a J2EE 1.4 compatible
version?

I have just migrated from WSAD 5 to RAD 6.0. The latter uses J2EE 1.4 and when
I try and run cactus tests within it the JVM crashes with a fatal error. I
have latest version of Cactus 1.7.2. The test I am running simply calls fail()
and does nothing else.

Adrian