Posted to user@flink.apache.org by bastien dine <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/21 13:17:57 UTC

Metric on JobManager

Hello all,

I am using metric to count some sutff in my topology, this is pretty easy
with the metric API in getRuntimeContext in a Rich function
However I would like to use this metric API to log start date & end date of
my processing, but in the source code executed on the job manager (i.e not
in a operator) before & after the env.execute..
How can i retrieve the runtime context, from the execution env maybe ?

Regards,
Bastien

------------------

Bastien DINE
Data Architect / Software Engineer / Sysadmin
bastiendine.io

Re: Metric on JobManager

Posted by bastien dine <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jamie, thanks for your reponse..
Erm this will not be easy.. any idea on how to deal with the end time ?
I can have some Runtime exception in my topology, so i would like to do it
like :

try   {
  // Start time here
  env.execute()