Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/11/24 17:26:51 UTC

Crowded tabs

Hi All,

I wonder if we really need to have tabs for AR, AP and IS Mgr. We could put them respectively under Accounting and Asset. Maint., isn'it ?
This because it begins to take place at the tab level. It's the same remark that I did about vertical menus even if I did not find the time yet to make a proposition for product menu for instance.

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Anil,

I finally found it : comment in http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/User+Interface+Layout+Best+Practices
But I will update and copy it in New+Features+Roadmap. It  seems more appropriate place indeed.

Jacques

From: "Anil Patel" <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will put these ideas (an others) in the page in Wiki that I'm still searching (I wrote already some but I can't remember where :o)

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I put an abstract in http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document
Look for "Applications Tabs"

Did you get a chance Tim ?

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Crowded tabs

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I believe david said that the top menu was for the Applications relative
to doing business.
I agree that AR and AP should be under Accounting.
may have a level of sub menu for Sub application like AR, and AP.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/24/2008 8:26 AM: