Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/09/02 11:48:36 UTC

taking output of XSP

Hi All,

What with the talk of a new dynamic <xsp:element/> tag, I'd like to bring
up another possible modification to XSP.

The FP TagLib has a Tag that directs it's contents to an external file as
opposed to the output document.

	<fp:write to="file" as="node" select="blah">
		<request:get-parameter name="blah"/>
	</fp:write>

This works fine, request:get-parameter outputs an Element to fp:write.

But if someone wants to do this:

	<fp:write to="file" as="node" select="." mode="insert-after">
		<blah>
			<title><request:get-parameter name="title"/></title>
			<flag><request:get-parameter name="checkbox" default="false"/></flag>
		</blah>
	</fp:write>

It all becomes rather complicated (or do I misunderstand?).

The fp:write Tag would have to take over xspCurrentNode and probably muck
around with the Node Stack, both of which I understand are not recommended!

Can I safely take over xspCurrentNode etc. or do we need a new mechanism
for this?

thanks Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre