Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anurag Sharma <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 18:42:26 UTC

solr magento e-commerce plugin/extension

I am interested in exploring option of building plugin/extension for
opensource e-commerce frameworks like magento, opencart etc. Such a plugin
can give easy platform for Solr on-boarding to open-source e-commerce
community.

Please suggest if we have any discussion/work done in this area.

Thanks
Anurag

Re: solr magento e-commerce plugin/extension

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I have only two resources on this (both for Magento):
*) http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/solr-bridge-search.html
*) http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/install-apache-solr/ (has links in the comments)

Regards,
   Alex
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Posted by SHASHIKANT VAISHNAV <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anurag,

Nice to hear from you. I'm big solr fan, Though due to time constraints its
being impossible for me to find time towards contributions.

During my Google summer of code'13. I developed the Advance Course
Search[1] module for moodle[2]. You can look into  source code here[3].
Plug-in is properly tested with solr 3.6 and 4.0

You can find integrations with typo3, word-press and drupal too.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Don't forget to drop your
feedback to me ;)

Good luck, Cheers!

Related links -

[1] - https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Course_search