Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gerd Knops <ge...@bitart.com> on 2003/07/04 02:03:33 UTC

MP1, Redhat 7.3: Transmission size limited after some time

Hi all,

I got a really odd problem: I have identical mod_perl/apache installs
on FreeBSD 3.x systems and a few Redhat 7.3 systems.

After some time running OK, the Redhat systems start acting up.
Transmissions are suddenly cut of after somewhere between 90 and 150
kb. Absolutely nothing in any logs is indicating a problem. Dynamic web
pages sent via "print" are affected the same as downloads sent via
"$r->send_fd('FH');".

Restarting the web server fixes it, but a few hours/days later the
problem resurfaces. Anyone encountered something similar? Any pointers
as to how to debug this? I have ruled out problems with external
hardware or proxies, as that problem occurs equally on systems in
radically different environments.

Thanks for any pointers

Gerd

Re: MP1, Redhat 7.3: Transmission size limited after some time

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Gerd Knops wrote:

> I got a really odd problem: I have identical mod_perl/apache installs
> on FreeBSD 3.x systems and a few Redhat 7.3 systems.
>
> After some time running OK, the Redhat systems start acting up.
> Transmissions are suddenly cut of after somewhere between 90 and 150 kb.
[snip]
> Restarting the web server fixes it, but a few hours/days later the
> problem resurfaces.

This makes me think perhaps you have MaxRequestsPerChild set to zero
in your configuration?

73,
Ged.