Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charl Gerber <cp...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/12/18 09:55:41 UTC

e-mail logger?

Is there an implementation available (or planned) for a log4j e-mail logger?

I would find it extremely usefull if my application would e.g. send me an
e-mail every time an error occurs ... it is often impractical to keep
monitoring logs all day log.

Thanks.

Re: e-mail logger?

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
There is already an SMTPAppender in log4j, and very handy it is too.

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.html

cheers,

Paul Smith

Re: e-mail logger?

Posted by Michael Seele <ms...@guh-software.de>.
i mean there's a smtp appender in the log4j lib!?

Charl Gerber schrieb am 18.12.2003 09:55:

>Is there an implementation available (or planned) for a log4j e-mail logger?
>
>I would find it extremely usefull if my application would e.g. send me an
>e-mail every time an error occurs ... it is often impractical to keep
>monitoring logs all day log.
>
>Thanks.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Michael Seele(Michael.Seele@guh-software.de)

G & H Softwareentwicklung GmbH     Tel.: {+49|0} 7451 - 53 706 0
Robert-Bosch-Str. 23               Fax:  {+49|0} 7451 - 53 706 90
D-72160 Horb a.N.                  http://www.guh-software.de