Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ankit bhatnagar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/24 17:41:09 UTC

Custom Serde

Hi All,

Whats the best way to add custom serde jar.

looks like add jar says added successfully and I am able to list that jar in
hive interface

However Create table fails to find the class.

Thanks
Ankit

Re: Custom Serde

Posted by phil young <ph...@gmail.com>.
My guess is that the add jar didn't contain a class with the same exact name
of your SerDe.

It would probably help to see the output of your command with logging

hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=INFO,console -e "
  your command;
"