Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by pkrishna <pr...@ge.com> on 2008/10/01 17:45:09 UTC

Controlling database table names and schemas

When using a repository to be a database,is there a way to control the table
names, column names and schema? By default, the tables start with a prefix
DEFAULT or VERSION and I wanted to check if we can have table\column names
of our choice.

Re: Controlling database table names and schemas

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM, pkrishna <pr...@ge.com> wrote:
> we would like to control the indexes on the columns, create the tables using
> sql scripts, add versioning columns- generally treat the tables created
> automatically as regular tables in the database. We would like to run
> queries against the database from a database tool like Aquadata

Please note that most of the data using a BundleDbPersistenceManager
is stored as binary blobs (node bundles, containing list of child
nodes and property data) for performance reasons - it's there not
simple to look at the database and extract hierarchy information and
properties.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Controlling database table names and schemas

Posted by pkrishna <pr...@ge.com>.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> When using a repository to be a database,is there a way to control the table
> names, column names and schema? By default, the tables start with a prefix
> DEFAULT or VERSION and I wanted to check if we can have table\column names
> of our choice.

What is the use case?

Regards,
Thomas