Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/22 11:29:30 UTC

Re: [2/2] git commit: Javadoc: Replace @doubt with TODO tags. Custom @'s in Javadoc 8 are not allowed unpackaged and then must exist, and we do not have them, so just use a "TODO" tag which can then be picked up with the Maven tag report if we want to add th

I'm getting a compile error:

Interpolator now has this line:
+        lookups.put("java", new JavaLookup());
But the JavaLookup class does not exist...

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I mean that I cannot get values for "%n" and "%d{UNIX}" in a header or
footer.

I was trying to use %n and it did not work so I tried %d{UNIX} just to see
what would happen and it did not work either.

Looking at the code, this is not surprising since the enhancement
implemented in LOG4J-496 only covered look-ups.

For my narrow case, the workaround is the more verbose
${sys:line.separator}, which is a system property look-up.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-847

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com