Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 12:17:37 UTC

Deploy bundle to Apache Felix with maven

Hi.

I can't figure out how to achieve that goal.
I have a CI environment and my goal is to have a continuous
deployment, so when Hudson ends his build/test jobs, it runs a job to
deploy artifacts. The "wars" are deployed to tomcat with the
maven-tomcat-plugin, I am wondering how to achieve the same with OSGI
bundles, deploying them to a Felix installation and triggering the
restart of the bundle.

Thanks.

--
Daniele Dellafiore
http://danieledellafiore.net

Re: Deploy bundle to Apache Felix with maven

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
I think you mistakenly used a colon instead of a period.

You used http://10.10.20:156 but I guess you mean
http://10.10.20.156<http://10.10.20:156>

<http://10.10.20:156>/Bengt

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 26.10.2010 12:11, Daniele Dellafiore wrote:
> I would love this feature.

You might want to create a JIRA issue (in the Sling project).

> I am not expert enough now to be sure I can contribute some code but
> yesterfday I started using pax-exam for unit testing and seems nice,
> expecially have a Junit Runner that allows to read configuration from
> a maven pom files.
>
> Is this related in any way?
> Anyway, I'd love to see a install bundle that install also all
> dependencies, anyone at work on that I can talk with?

You might want to look into the Bundle Repository stuff, which has the
functionality to install dependence bundles along with requested bundles.

See http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html

Regards
Felix

Posted by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@gmail.com>.
I would love this feature.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by pr...@emc.com.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/10 10:00 AM, Daniele Dellafiore wrote:
> it works! :)
>
> I am a little confused cause the property name slingUrl is for me less
> natural to use rother than obr, given I am not using sling but I am
> actually installing on a OBR...
sling:install does not have any interaction with an OBR. It does an HTTP
POST to the Felix Web Console (which used to be part of Sling) in order
to install a bundle. The same thing can be done manually via the Web
Console by clicking the Install/Update button.

Justin

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback ;-)