Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by jake buchholz <ja...@execpc.com> on 2003/07/30 05:40:15 UTC

apache 2.0.47 dumb question

using gentoo, i've just emerged apache 2.0.47 to play around with it a
bit before putting it in a production environment.

one of the things that's struck me as odd is that by going to
http://localhost/manual, it's responding with...

URI: index.html.de Content-Language: de Content-type: text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1 URI: index.html.en Content-Language: en Content-type:
text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 URI: index.html.fr Content-Language: fr

...instead of realizing that my default language is 'en' and showing me
/manual/index.html.en

i realize this might be an issue with the gentoo configs, but in the
event that someone might immediately recognize the problem and be able
to lead me in the right direction, i thought i should try posting here
first...  fwiw, the config includes the following:

LanguagePriority en fr de es it da nl et el ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru ltz
ca sv tw
ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback

thanks!

--
jake buchholz <ja...@execpc.com>

Re: apache 2.0.47 dumb question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, jake buchholz wrote:
> one of the things that's struck me as odd is that by going to
> http://localhost/manual, it's responding with...
>
> URI: index.html.de Content-Language: de Content-type: text/html;

> ...instead of realizing that my default language is 'en' and showing me
> /manual/index.html.en

Yes, you need to have something like the configuration attached below
(which is part of the default config in 2.0.47).  I guess is was a mistake
to make this drastic a change to the manual in midstream, but it is done,
so we need to live with it.

AliasMatch ^/manual(?:/(?:de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru))?(/.*)?$ "@exp_manualdir@$1"

<Directory "@exp_manualdir@">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    <Files *.html>
        SetHandler type-map
    </Files>

    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/de/ prefer-language=de
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/en/ prefer-language=en
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/fr/ prefer-language=fr
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ja/ prefer-language=ja
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ko/ prefer-language=ko
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ru/ prefer-language=ru
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru)){2,}(/.*)?$ /manual/$1$2
</Directory>