Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Knight, Digby" <Di...@hen.invesco.com> on 2002/04/30 11:26:01 UTC

Creating a service in an applet

Hi,

I've got an Axis service up and running and a test client works fine.

However, when I move my code into an applet it fails when I try and create
the service.  The stack trace is shown below, but it doesn't give me any
clues, except that there's a null pointer down at the bottom. The applet is
in the same package as my test client and they both import the same
packages.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks.

Digby

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:109)
        at
com.invesco.test.ProjectionApp.getProjectionButtonActionPerformed(Projection
App.java:87)
        at com.invesco.test.ProjectionApp.access$000(ProjectionApp.java:21)
        at
com.invesco.test.ProjectionApp$1.actionPerformed(ProjectionApp.java:61)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1767)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1820)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:4
19)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:257)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener
.java:258)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5021)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3526)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1437)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3214)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2929)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2859)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1423)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:190)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:144)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:509)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:285)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:400)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.DefaultEngineConfigurationFactory.<clinit>(Def
aultEngineConfigurationFactory.java:84)
        ... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:404)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:502)
        ... 29 more
        at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:105)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.loadClass(LogFactoryImpl.java
:434)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:398)
        ... 30 more
        ... 30 more

The information in this e-mail and any attachments
(the 'e-mail') is confidential and intended solely for
the addressee(s) named above.  This e-mail may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or legal
rules.  The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying
of the e-mail is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering the
e-mail to the intended recipient you must not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part of it.
This e-mail does not, directly or indirectly, represent
financial advice.