Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by kalpeer1 <bs...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/24 09:23:38 UTC

Could not launch cc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cc"

Hi All,

I am getting a below error message during the maven build in cpp and c
package.

        Embedded error: Could not launch cc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run
program "cc" (in directory
“/opt/project/test/target/nar/obj/sparc-SunOS-CC"): error=9, Bad file number

I am facing this error after upgrading java to 16.0_24 not in 1.6.0_20.
Under /opt/project/test/src/main/ I have directory c, cpp, include and
resources.
Build is not compiling all c files.

--------------------------
Debug log:

[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.cxx, **/*.cc, **/*.cpp] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.c] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.for, **/*.f] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] Starting dependency analysis for 2 files.

Here it is analyzing dependency check for only cpp module not for c module.
Due to this build is failing.
--------------------------

But With Java 1.6.0_20 it does analysis for both c and cpp module.

[DEBUG] Adding reference: ant.ComponentHelper
[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.cxx, **/*.cc, **/*.cpp] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.c] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] ConditionalFileSet: Setup scanner in dir /opt/project/test/src/main
with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.for, **/*.f] excludes: [] }
[DEBUG] Starting dependency analysis for 41 files

Could you please help me to identify why the build is failing with java
1.6.0_24 not with 1.6.0_20.

Regards,
Kalai

Re: Could not launch cc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cc"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:23 AM, kalpeer1 <bs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting a below error message during the maven build in cpp and c
> package.

Send this question to Maven Users list and someone will reply to it.
This is not the correct list for such a question.

Wayne