Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/16 22:04:28 UTC

Problems with the subversion download page

Hi,

I'm looking at your download page
https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#recommended-release
and I'm unable to see any mirrors.

The "Other mirrors" dropdown contains only two entries:
https://downloads.apache.org/
https://downloads.apache.org/ (backup)

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Problems with the subversion download page

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Nathan Hartman wrote on Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 22:00:24 -0500:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 7:31 PM Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:55 PM Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I see 11 counting the two Apache hosts and two ftp hosts. I am not sure
> > how it works though and I assume you already tried Refreshing the page etc.
> >

> > I'm seeing the same thing as Craig.
> >
> > This issue doesn't stem from our repository; it has to do with
> > whatever is executing the CGI in (download.html redirected to)
> > download.cgi on Infra's end.
> >
> > I'll ask Infra to look into it...
>

> Infra says the mirror system isn't IPv6 aware.
>
> It looks like there isn't anything we (Subversion) can do on our end.

And just to be clear: The issue isn't specific to Subversion.  All
${pmc}.apache.org download pages rely on a single centralized implementation
(maintained by Infra) to determine mirrors.

I suppose there may be an optional query argument one can pass to select
a specific country, but that's a question to Infra, not to us.

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Problems with the subversion download page

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:55 PM Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:04 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> I'm looking at your download page
> >> https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#recommended-release
> >> and I'm unable to see any mirrors.
> >>
> >> The "Other mirrors" dropdown contains only two entries:
> >> https://downloads.apache.org/
> >> https://downloads.apache.org/ (backup)
> >>
> >> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
> >

> > I see 11 counting the two Apache hosts and two ftp hosts. I am not sure
> how it works though and I assume you already tried Refreshing the page etc.
>

> I'm seeing the same thing as Craig.
>
> This issue doesn't stem from our repository; it has to do with
> whatever is executing the CGI in (download.html redirected to)
> download.cgi on Infra's end.
>
> I'll ask Infra to look into it...

Infra says the mirror system isn't IPv6 aware.

It looks like there isn't anything we (Subversion) can do on our end.

Nathan

Re: Problems with the subversion download page

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:55 PM Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:04 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm looking at your download page
>> https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#recommended-release
>> and I'm unable to see any mirrors.
>>
>> The "Other mirrors" dropdown contains only two entries:
>> https://downloads.apache.org/
>> https://downloads.apache.org/ (backup)
>>
>> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
>

> I see 11 counting the two Apache hosts and two ftp hosts. I am not sure how it works though and I assume you already tried Refreshing the page etc.

I'm seeing the same thing as Craig.

This issue doesn't stem from our repository; it has to do with
whatever is executing the CGI in (download.html redirected to)
download.cgi on Infra's end.

I'll ask Infra to look into it...

Thanks for bringing it to our attention,
Nathan

Re: Problems with the subversion download page

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:04 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at your download page
> https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#recommended-release
> and I'm unable to see any mirrors.
>
> The "Other mirrors" dropdown contains only two entries:
> https://downloads.apache.org/
> https://downloads.apache.org/ (backup)
>
> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

I see 11 counting the two Apache hosts and two ftp hosts. I am not sure how
it works though and I assume you already tried Refreshing the page etc.

Mark