Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2007/06/17 17:59:56 UTC

Re: There has got to be a way

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Levi Strope wrote:
> We are accepting messages where columns of information are not required,
> but the column MUST be represented in the file as we process it.  At
> minimum I'd like to be able to read in these excel files and output them
> in a CSV format.

You may be pleased to know that I've written an example of using the new
MissingRecordAwareHSSFListener eventusermodel code, which outputs a CSV
with the required minimum number of columns.

Take a look in svn at
src/scratchpad/examples/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/eventusermodel/examples/XLS2CSVmra.java

Nick