Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk> on 2005/01/20 00:08:15 UTC

403 Forbidden

Hi.

I have setup my web.xml error page "403 Forbidden" to go to my page
"restrictedError.jsp"

I cannot get it to work!

Can it be because I use a danish browser where the error code is "403
Forbudt"

BR

Soren

RE: SV: 403 Forbidden

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry I missed this.

SV: 403 Forbidden

Re: 403 Forbidden

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.

Re: 403 Forbidden

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Didier McGillis" <co...@hotmail.com>
> Have you tried this.
> WEB_INF/web.xml
> <error-page>
>         <error-code>403</error-code>
>         <location>/errorpages/403.jsp</location>
>     </error-page>

Based on his other post, Soren has tried that, and I have a similar problem
with <exception-type> (he's using <error-code>).  I'm on Tomcat 4.1,  Java
1.5, HP-UX 11.

I have this in web.xml:
<error-page>
      <exception-type>javax.servlet.ServletException</exception-type>
      <location>/WEB-INF/jsp/exceptionServlet.jsp</location>
   </error-page>

But when I throw a Servlet Exception from my code, I see the usual error
page instead of the JSP I've specified.

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: No data found in the HOLD file under key ...

Is anyone successfully using <error-page>?  What are we doing wrong?

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: 403 Forbidden

Posted by James Sys <ja...@MySpareKey.co.uk>.
Hi Soren and Wendy,

I wondered if either of you have made progress with this problem. It's so=
mething I too would like to use, so I'm keen to pick your brains.

Thanks,

James.
------

From: Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk>