Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Norah Jones <nh...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 19:30:00 UTC

Why Ajax calls don't renew session timeout on Tomcat server?

Hi,

I have a web application which is deployed on a Tomcat server (version 7).  I have set the session timeout value as 10 minutes in the web.xml file. In pages with no Ajax call, the session time out value is reset promptly. But it is not renewed on pages with Ajax calls. Web application is taking user back to Login screen even though some activity is happening on the page (with Ajax).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Norah Jones

Re: Why Ajax calls don't renew session timeout on Tomcat server?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
You don't give enough information to diagnose the problem, but I imagine
you're not passing the session information (e.g., jsessionid cookie) back
to the server.