Posted to user@impala.apache.org by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/07 04:16:58 UTC

Re: Need to upgrade my one year old build for potential join perf improvement?

Hi guys:

Is there any change on metadata loading? The metadata loading used to 10sec.

Posted by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>.
@Antoni Ivanov
The cluster is new one, its size is small^_^

Posted by Silvius Rus <sr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Antoni Ivanov <ai...@vmware.com>.
Hi,

@Silvus How would this issue explain High cpu usage. It states the threads are in state “waiting” in the bug.

Also I’ve noticed that High Cpu Usage can happen in our environment. When I did stack trace and saw the JVM threads are stuck in GC cycle.
We have a low memory for each impalad node (e.g 20G memory and the catalog size a bit over 2G ) so I’ve been thinking it’s possible that frequent GC cycle are causing
I am noticing memory of the range of 16GB for JVM (from impalas-node:25000/memz page)

@ikewu93 how much memory is allocated for Impala? How big is the catalog size (you can see it from statestored-node::25010/topics - catalog-update size(values))
(issue that could be causing big catalog size I think it is having a lot of (small) files or having a lot of partitions or having a lot of tables)

On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:36 AM, Silvius Rus <sr...@cloudera.com>> wrote:

One known issue that matches this condition was fixed on master, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-4765<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_IMPALA-2D4765&d=DwMFaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=8j7tFznmoySfY9RiEAZHgvi3kzcbJ_Zy6Hp9HYX4dDE&m=7b_obe2IcbquUHdyc1Dk-rjaodh9PdPOjsoJReq-S0c&s=TYmbZbxKkaoRiu2LTGlj9Kq8uRwSgkGfSKLkz7gikgg&e=>.  It is not yet part of a release.  The fix doesn't speed up the loading of the largest table, but it makes it more likely that loading of smaller tables can progress in parallel.

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 12:30 AM, 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>> wrote:
The issue will occur when the new table has been created or impalad has been just restarted.

During 10-15sec loading, from top, we only can see 2-3sec more than 100%-200% java usage, other than that there is nothing serious working, and we will attach profile once we have it, and this question has been haunted us for year.

Plus the schema we using is simple

The current version using early 2016, the  metadata loading is 10-15sec.
We haven't try the latest version, we hope the issue has been solved^_^

What was your Impala version before and what is it now?

How fast was it before and how fast is it now?

Posted by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>.
cool

Posted by Silvius Rus <sr...@cloudera.com>.
One known issue that matches this condition was fixed on master,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-4765.  It is not yet part of a

Posted by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 吴朱华 <ik...@gmail.com>.