Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fred Moscicki <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/21 20:22:29 UTC

PoolMan

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to some kind of list for PoolMan
database pooling.

I am currently instantiating a JDBCPool through the
SQLManager and storing a reference to the SQLManager
in the ServletContext.  This is all being done in the
init method of a "Load-on-startup" servlet.

I am wondering if I can make use of some of the higher
level functionality of the SQLUtil class.  It doesn't
seem to keep a reference to the SQLManager or the
JDBCPool directly.  It uses getInstance of the
SQLManager to return a reference to SQLManager, but
unless it uses the getClass().getResourceAsStream()
methods in its constructor, I don't know how SQLUtil
would obtain a reference to the instance of the
SQLManager in the ServletContext.

Do I need to subclass the SQLUtil class to use its
functionality?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would
appreciate it.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1, incidentally.

Fred

http://shopping.yahoo.com/