Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by The Spider <ma...@rediffmail.com> on 2009/05/13 13:55:09 UTC

Solr search usinh PHP

Hi,
   Please consider this mail.
I have an application developed in PHP.My requirement is to impement solr
search.

The user has given an option two enter two fields(keyword and carCompany).
And submitting the search will fetch all cars(suppose the keyword is car) in
ford(location is type).
I have to search only one table. cars_table with the fields:
id, carType, carCompany, carDescription, others

So The requirement is to search the keyword with the fields carType,
carDescription, and carCompany is searched with the carCompany field. If the
carCompany field is not entered by the user, then the search would return
all cars irrespective of company.

So can any one guide me to do this.

Spider

Re: Solr search usinh PHP

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Spider,

You're much more likely to get helpful answers on solr-user@lucene.apache.org
.  The dev list is for discussion of the internals of Solr.  The user
list is for discussion on how to use Solr.

Cheers,
Grant

On May 13, 2009, at 7:55 AM, The Spider wrote:

> Hi,
>   Please consider this mail.
> I have an application developed in PHP.My requirement is to impement
> solr
> search.
>
> The user has given an option two enter two fields(keyword and
> carCompany).
> And submitting the search will fetch all cars(suppose the keyword is
> car) in
> ford(location is type).
> I have to search only one table. cars_table with the fields:
> id, carType, carCompany, carDescription, others
>
> So The requirement is to search the keyword with the fields carType,
> carDescription, and carCompany is searched with the carCompany
> field. If the
> carCompany field is not entered by the user, then the search would
> return
> all cars irrespective of company.
>
> So can any one guide me to do this.
>
> Spider