Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2003/09/28 19:12:54 UTC

[VOTE][Pool] Release Plan for Commons-Pool 2.0

I'd like to propose a vote on the following release plan
for Pool 2.0.  This release plan can also be found
at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/pool/RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt

Per the Jakarta/ASF guidelines (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html), this
release plan must be approved via a lazy majority vote. The
voting period will end at 23:59:59 GMT on 1 October 2003
or when a clear majority has been established,
whichever comes first.

Here's your ballot:

<---- Please return this portion with your vote ---->
[ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan and I will help
[ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but I am unable to help
[ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
[ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan being executed,
          and my reason is:

<---- /Please return this portion with your vote ---->

I'll volunteer to be the release manager for this release,
but if someone else wants to, feel free to volunteer.

-  Dirk Verbeeck

RE: [VOTE][Pool] Release Plan for Commons-Pool 2.0

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'll tag & make a release candidate for both components.
> Expect an announcement in a day or two. (unless there are -1 votes)

Great.  And I see that it will now be v1.1.  +1 on the release plans.  Will
test with James.

	--- Noel

RE: [VOTE][Pool] Release Plan for Commons-Pool 2.0

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
I'll tag & make a release candidate for both components.
Expect an announcement in a day or two. (unless there are -1 votes)

Dirk

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
OK, I don't expect any problem.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
OK, I don't expect any problem.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> wrote:
> Same response, I don't really have a strong feeling about it, just
> wanted to keep in sync with DBCP (at least the mayor version).

Pool is independent from DBCP and doesn't need to depend on DBCP's version
numbers.  Backwards incompatible changes trigger a major version change,
not necessarily changes in other projects.

David

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: [VOTE][Pool] Release Plan for Commons-Pool 2.0

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: [VOTE][Pool] Release Plan for Commons-Pool 2.0

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.