Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de> on 2012/07/10 23:16:18 UTC

CRUD and updateEntity

Hi Rupert, Alessandro.

I followed Sebastian's advice and made a complete new and fresh checkout
of the stanbol trunk.
I briefly checked on my ontonet tests tonight and at first sight it
looks like the delete and put requests are now working for me.
For my update test on the entityhub/entity, I now get

curl -i -X PUT -H "Content-Type:application/rdf+xml" -T someEntity
"http://lnv-89012.dfki.uni-sb.de:9001/entityhub/entity?id=http://developer.yahoo.com/javascript/howto-proxy-falseaddress.html&create=false"
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Accept: application/json
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.x)

(So that's exactly what we were talking about).

Let me test and check on everything tomorrow, then I can give you
detailed feedback. I'm sorry for troubling you lately by reporting that
these things didn't work for me. For a possible reason, I can only guess
that my stanbol version got messed up during the last 3
updates/rebuilds, and that it was a bit buggy in the end.

best
melanie

Re: CRUD and updateEntity

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
On 7/15/12 11:24 AM, Melanie Reiplinger wrote:
> When doing preflight request for PUT or DELETE, the response header I
> get looks like this:
>
> Allow:
> OPTIONS,POST,GET,DELETE,HEAD,PUT
>

> So maybe here we also need the CORS access with
>
> Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
> *
> Access-Control-Allow-Mehtods: OPTIONS, POST, GET, DELETE, PUT

I've checked the Rules resource code and there's only one CORS preflight
method for the root resource but not for the subpaths. Also, as I wrote
earlier, I don't know if it is supposed to specify the allowed methods
but it doesn't. So that might be it I guess.

> There's also another strange thing I just realized when doublechecking
> with the curl version: I can delete a non-existig recipe over and over
> again, i.e., I always get
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: Jetty(6.1.x)
>
> although the recipe is not there any more.

There's an error in the Jersey code for that resource. The method on a
deleted recipe is supposed to return 412 Precondition Failed (maybe 404
would be better?), but the problem is, whatever the outcome, there's a
line that always replaces the response builder and is always reached:

responseBuilder = Response.ok();

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-690 , hope it
will be solved.

Thanks for reporting

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: CRUD and updateEntity

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Alessandro.

Could you please take one more look at the code of the rules endpoint?
When doing preflight request for PUT or DELETE, the response header I
get looks like this:

Allow:
OPTIONS,POST,GET,DELETE,HEAD,PUT

So maybe here we also need the CORS access with

Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
*
Access-Control-Allow-Mehtods: OPTIONS, POST, GET, DELETE, PUT

etc.

There's also another strange thing I just realized when doublechecking
with the curl version: I can delete a non-existig recipe over and over
again, i.e., I always get

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Jetty(6.1.x)

although the recipe is not there any more.

When trying to create (PUT) the same recipe twice in a row, I get a
conflict (409), so that's fine.

thanks
melanie

Re: CRUD and updateEntity

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Melanie,

Re: CRUD and updateEntity

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Rupert and Alessandro.

The CORS access works for ontonet/ontology and ontonet/session.
One thing I noticed is that when creating a scope, the parameter
customont seems to be ignored. Coreont is set accordingly, but no
ontology is loaded when specified as value for customont.

One more question on the ontonet endpoint: How can I load an ontology
library? I.e., which URL do I have to specify when I want to load a
library from the ontonet/registry ?

Best
melanie