Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/05 00:28:01 UTC

Re: [tobago] separating the date and time components

Hello,

I've just wrote a util class that could help in this task.

Regards,
Zied

--
Zied Hamdi
zatreex.sourceforge.net

Re: [tobago] separating the date and time components

Posted by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Sorry for spamming, I found a bug in the class I sent you this morning: so
just to see how tedious it is to point to the same Date with separate
tc:date and tc:time tags, if every tag was just updating the fields he
shows, we could point to the same field without ths linking cables:

            *public* Date getWorkStartTime() {

                  *return* getCurrentWorkTask().getWorkStart();

            }

            *public* Date getWorkStartDate() {

                  Date start = getCurrentWorkTask().getWorkStart();

                  *if*( start == *null* || CalendarUtil.*equalsDate*( start,
1970, 0, 1 ) )

                        *return* *null*;

                  *return* start;

            }

            *public* *void* setWorkStartDate(Date workStart) {

                  getCurrentWorkTask().setWorkStart( CalendarUtil.*setDate*(
workStart, getWorkStart() ) );

            }

            *public* String toString() {

                  *return* getCurrentWorkTask().toString();

            }

To remind what I would like to have here's what I expected from these
components:

      <tx:date

            id ="workStartDate"

            value ="#{intervention.*workStart*}"

            label ="#{i18n.workStartDate}" >

            < f:convertDateTime pattern ="dd.MM.yyyy" />

      </ tx:date>

      < tc:time

            id ="workStart"

            value= "#{intervention.*workStart*}" />
in that case all the code above is simplified in a pojo manner.

Regards,
Zied

--
Zied Hamdi
zatreex.sourceforge.net

Re: [tobago] separating the date and time components

Posted by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

--
Zied Hamdi