Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gaurav Bansal <e4...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/04/14 12:59:36 UTC

clustering without loadbalancing

I want to form a two node cluster of Tomcat servers which can failover but there should be no load balancing. But it should support session replication. This should be in such a way that all request are coming to one server(active one) and other is completely free(passive one). so if this active server fails it should be able to make the failover to the other passive server with session replication. I wan't to do it on linux.

Re: clustering without loadbalancing

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/14/05, Gaurav Bansal <e4...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I want to form a two node cluster of Tomcat servers which can failover but there should be no
> load balancing. But it should support session replication.

I assume that you want to do it with Apache and have mod_jk handle the
distribution of requests to Tomcat as well?

-Dave