Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa" <da...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/02/20 17:52:43 UTC

Setting .page variables without using hidden fields.

Hi,

Small question as to the best way to deal with  (small) form issue.

Situation:
Structure that contains thead, tbody(s) & tfoot
Primary tbody contains a Form0 that contains x tbody(s), *no* submit stuff.
<tfoot> contains the buttons to shoot away the Form0 to the server.

Depending on what variables are set the reply on any action of the client
can vary (thx to the Choose component). I.e. the page rendered back from
the server varies.
All of this (finally) works fine. Except for one little thing.

This little thing concerns the submission of Form0.
Submitting the form via a button that *does not* belong to the form works
fine. The only thing that is bugging me is the fact the listener is called
*after* the form has been rendered.

As far as i understand the form comes in, calls the appropriate setters,
rewinds (re-renders) and than calls the listener (dead last)
Here comes the catch: there are two variables that i use to determine what
the page has to look like on returning to the client.
Obviously i could use two hidden variable to achieve this but i was
wondering whether there would also be another way of dealing with this?
Just need to set the variables based on the fact that the form is dealing
with them (they are also used in DirectLinks etc.).

I noticed that the LinkSubmit also uses the hidded field concept.

TIA
Fermin DCG