Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com> on 2020/04/05 18:17:30 UTC

Duplex Printing Support

Hey, all!

I just looked at the Issues and could not find a way to anonymously add an
issue, so I thought that I would just "submit" it here.

Over the weekend, I needed to print a code file, which was quite lengthy
(1100+ lines), so that I could look it over to make sure that I had all of
my intended logic in place. When it printed, it printed on only the one
side, but I had specifically set up the Print dialog/Appearance tab for
duplex (long-edge), two-sided printing.

Is duplex printing support not included in the NetBeans IDE? If it is, what
did I do wrong in duplex printing? If I need to submit an issue at Apache,
please tell me how. Thanks, all! Peace!

Sincerely,

Sean Carrick
Owner - PekinSOFT Systems
sean@pekinsoft.com
(309) 989-0672

Re: Duplex Printing Support

Posted by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com>.
Jirka,

Yes, that is exactly what I did, as I can use the system print dialog to
print from Chrome. It is a decent work around, but it would be nice to be
able to duplex print from NetBeans, directly.

I did not include this in my issue, but it would also be nice to
incorporate a method (maybe from the Project pop-up menu) to be able to
print all source files in a project with one command, instead of needing to
print each source file individually. This feature would come in very handy
once a project is to a release version for copyrighting the source code. I
know that in the past I have copyrighted some of my projects and not had
all of the source code in the copyright file, simply because I have missed
printing one or two classes.

As for that second feature, maybe I will look into it to see if I can build
a plugin that would provide that functionality. Though, when is the
question...

Sincerely,

Sean Carrick
Owner - PekinSOFT Systems