Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "Kamdar, Devang (MLITS)" <De...@ml.com> on 2007/12/27 15:57:25 UTC

Getting following error when using xerces-c_2_8D.dll and xerces-c_2D.lib

Hi,

I am using xerces-c in one of the projects and am getting following
errors:
I am using Visual Studio 2005

Error	1	error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'xercesc_2_8'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xercesdefs.hpp	260
Error	2	error C2059: syntax error : ';'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xercesdefs.hpp	260
Error	3	error C2449: found '{' at file scope (missing function
header?)
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xercesdefs.hpp	260
Error	4	error C2059: syntax error : '}'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xercesdefs.hpp	260
Error	5	error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'xercesc_2_8'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmemory.hpp	29
Error	6	error C2059: syntax error : ';'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmemory.hpp	29
Error	7	error C2449: found '{' at file scope (missing function
header?)
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmemory.hpp	29
Error	8	error C2059: syntax error : '}'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmemory.hpp	144
Error	9	error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'xercesc_2_8'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmlexceptmsgs.hpp	9
Error	10	error C2059: syntax error : ';'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmlexceptmsgs.hpp	9
Error	11	error C2449: found '{' at file scope (missing function
header?)
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmlexceptmsgs.hpp	9
Error	12	error C2059: syntax error : '}'
c:\working\instrumentation\vc++_projects\mllog4cxx_latest\include\xerces
c\util\xmlexceptmsgs.hpp	431
Error	13	fatal error C1189: #error :  "eh.h is only for C++!"
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\eh.h	30

Looks like I am missing some settings here ...
I had got this running, but got my project setting messed up, so had to
rebuild the Visual Studio Porject.
Please let me know, if anyone is aware of this issue!

Thanks
Devang

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.

Re: Getting following error when using xerces-c_2_8D.dll and xerces-c_2D.lib

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Devang,
the last error hints that you are compiling the sources as C files,
instead of C++; what do you see in the project properties, under the
C/C++ -> Advanced tab, at the "Compile As" entry?

Alberto