Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ds...@vero.co.nz on 2004/05/12 01:23:24 UTC

RC2 Windows - Maven.bat does not allow spaces in JAVA_HOME

Hi,

I have found an issue in RC2 in maven.bat on line 56:

if exist %JAVA_HOME%\nul goto chkMHome

As there is no quotes around it, it fails when there is spaces in the
JAVA_HOME value e.g. program files.

I got it to work by changing the line to the following:

if exist "%JAVA_HOME%" goto chkMHome

I am not sure what the \nul was for but it works fine for me without it on
Windows 2000.

Cheers Dave

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above. It
may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute
or disclose it to anyone.