Posted to distributedlog-dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/27 09:12:32 UTC

Porting DistributedLog utilities to BookKeeper

Hi,
we are porting (cut and paste) many utilities from DistributedLog to
BookKeeper,

Do we have a clear roadmap on this work ?

I think that this makes sense especially if we are going to drop such
classes from DistributeLog.
All the ported utilities are a great work and it is very valuable and I
agree on the fact the it is best not to have duplicate code, especially now
that DL is a subproject of BK and BK is a core dependency for DL

So I am totally OK with this work but I would like to share a vision/roadmap

Cheers
Enrico

Re: Porting DistributedLog utilities to BookKeeper

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 29, 2017 3:54 AM, "Enrico Olivelli" <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about make class OrderedSafeExecutor extends OrderedScheduler. then
all
> the old reference in bk will not need change, and in future dl will also
> survive?

Jia
I think this is a good idea

In the scope of the patch for BP-15 I would like to deliver the patch as
soon as we are ok and then leave further improvements to new issues

Sgtm

The patch is huge and this change is not needed, we will need to evaluate
carefully the two classes and the semantics, if you are proposing this I am
sure you already did this check

Does this sound good to you Jia ?
Thank you

Enrico