Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erik Andersson <Er...@consafeinfotech.com> on 2004/03/30 13:41:26 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL running http, not https

Hi!

I must have made a misconfiguration when trying to configure SSL for apache 2.0.43, but I can't find it.

I have created a dummy certificate, loaded module ssl_mod.se and are using ssl.conf. There is a server responding on port 443 but only through not with https as I would have expected.

Any suggestion on where to look?

Best Regards / Erik

Re: [users@httpd] SSL running http, not https

Posted by Adam Buglass <ad...@ncl.ac.uk>.
I'm not sure if this will help or if I'm going off at a tangent.

When I activated SSL on one of our virtualhosts I had to effectively
create a second virtual host which would respond on https, although it
was exactly the same in every other way.

This worked for me as I only needed part of my site to be encrypted and
could later link to the secure site via an absolute URL. I could have
put a redirection on the http if I wanted the entire site to be
encrypted.

I imagine you could create a new secure virtual host and simply set your
default host to redirect to it.

(I'm not sure if that was how I intended to do it or if I merely found a
workaround!!)

HTH
Adam.