Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Dr. Martin Senftleben" <li...@drmartinus.de> on 2022/12/08 10:37:32 UTC

Appearance

Hi,

I have a long history with OpenOffice (I started actually with
StarWriter), and at some point of time I switched to LibreOffice (I
think many did), but there it seems that they introduce new features too
quickly, because with them, new bugs come in and make it quite difficult
to use. Since I do not need most of the new features, I have decided to
fact, that most of my documents had been treated by LibreOffice for a
long time. Even an extensively used database seems to work fine.

Now, I have a simple yet important problem: The appearance of OO is
strange. While most of it (icons etc.) are ok, the text in the menus and
dialog boxes is not black, but grey and hence difficult to read
(background also grey), particularly for a person who has some
sight-problems like me. On screenshots I always see that the menu text
is black, which I would prefer. I haven't found any place where I can
set it. There is an "appearance" item in the options tool, but that
doesn't seem to have any effect. There is an option in the General
section for font color, but the combobox next to it says "automatic" and
the colorbox besides that is black, so I would think that text is
selected as black. Probably this section does not apply to the overall
appearance of OO. There is a scheme selector, but only the OpenOffice
scheme is selectable.
Any ideas how I can change that? Other apps have all the proper font
color (black).

Regards,
Martin

Re: Appearance

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:37:32 +0100
"Dr. Martin Senftleben" <li...@drmartinus.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a long history with OpenOffice (I started actually with
> StarWriter), and at some point of time I switched to LibreOffice (I
> think many did), but there it seems that they introduce new features too
> quickly, because with them, new bugs come in and make it quite difficult
> to use. Since I do not need most of the new features, I have decided to
> fact, that most of my documents had been treated by LibreOffice for a
> long time. Even an extensively used database seems to work fine.
>
> Now, I have a simple yet important problem: The appearance of OO is
> strange. While most of it (icons etc.) are ok, the text in the menus and
> dialog boxes is not black, but grey and hence difficult to read
> (background also grey), particularly for a person who has some
> sight-problems like me. On screenshots I always see that the menu text
> is black, which I would prefer. I haven't found any place where I can
> set it. There is an "appearance" item in the options tool, but that
> doesn't seem to have any effect. There is an option in the General
> section for font color, but the combobox next to it says "automatic" and
> the colorbox besides that is black, so I would think that text is
> selected as black. Probably this section does not apply to the overall
> appearance of OO. There is a scheme selector, but only the OpenOffice
> scheme is selectable.
> Any ideas how I can change that? Other apps have all the proper font
> color (black).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

It would be helpful to know your operating system - I think it to  be linux, but would like precise information as to version.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>