Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 20:27:05 UTC

Performance related question on DISMAX handler..

Hi,

I just want to know if there will be any overhead / performance degradation
if I use the Dismax search handler instead of standard search handler?

We are planning to index millions of documents and not sure if using Dismax
will slow down the search performance. Would be great if someone can share
their thoughts.

Thanks,
BB

Re: Performance related question on DISMAX handler..

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
BB,

Dismax could be slower than standard, depending on what kinds of queries you throw at either handler.
"Millions of docs" is a bit imprecise (2M or 22M or 222M or 999M, tweet-sized docs or book sized docs....), but given adequate hardware and proper treatment shouldn't be a problem.
 Otis
----

I just want to know if there will be any overhead / performance
> degradation
if I use the Dismax search handler instead of standard search
> handler?

We are planning to index millions of documents and not sure if
> using Dismax
will slow down the search performance. Would be great if someone
> can share
their thoughts.

Thanks,
BB