Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fcosfc <fc...@hotmail.com> on 2013/11/18 11:01:06 UTC

ActiveMQ resource adapter doesn't return a XA connection factory

Hi there,

I'm using an ActiveMQ 5.7.0 JMS resource adapter on a TomEE 1.5.2 plus
application server (default configuration).  TomEE documentation says that
the ra returns connection factories with XA support by default
<http://tomee.apache.org/containers-and-resources.html>  , but I've been
debugging and it returns an ActiveMQConnectionFactory, please review  my
post at TomEE user forum
<http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MDB-doesn-t-read-messages-td4666169.html>
. I've tried to set the TransactionSupport setting to xa without success.

Do you have any clue about this issue?

Regards,

Paco.

Re: ActiveMQ resource adapter doesn't return a XA connection factory

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
with the RA, the transaction management (xa enlistment) is handled by
the RA connection pool. The 'api' is the JMS connection factory, not
the XA connection factory b/c transaction management is the containers
responsibility. The activemq ra supports XA transactions but does not
expose an XA connection factory as user level xa associations would
conflict with those of the ra connection pool.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com