Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alieh <sa...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2017/09/04 14:08:30 UTC

count + aggragation

Hello all,

1st question:
Is there any way to know the count or the content of a "Fink DataSet"
without using count() or collect()? The problem is that I have a loop
which the number of iterations depends on the count of a DataSet. Using
count() may force the whole pipeline to be executed again. I do not like
to use delta or bulk iteration.

2nd question:

Using the "Aggregations.Max" on a DataSet of Tuple2<String, Integer> on
the second field, I observed that the second field is the real maximum
of the whole dataset while the first field is not the corresponding one
to the second!!!

Best,
Alieh

Re: count + aggragation

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alieh,

I'm not aware of a solution to the first problem, but for the second issue
you should use mayBy() instead of max().

Best, Fabian