Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Martin Ciglan <m....@sino.sk> on 2018/07/22 16:25:06 UTC

Guacamole and RDP 10?

Is there any roadmap when Guacamole will support freerdp 2.0, therefore RDP
10 too?
I am interested mainly in H264 support. Thanks.

Re: Guacamole and RDP 10?

Posted by Martin Ciglan <m....@sino.sk>.
yeah, freerdp 2.0 seems to be in RC2 stage, so I hope stable release is not
far away.
I tried RDP connection to Win Server 2016 with latest nightly build, playing
fullHD youtube video remotely and it looks really faster and smoother, using
RDP 10.

Re: Guacamole and RDP 10?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Martin Ciglan <m....@sino.sk> wrote:

> Is there any roadmap when Guacamole will support freerdp 2.0, therefore RDP
> 10 too?
> I am interested mainly in H264 support. Thanks.

I don't know what the implications are for H.264, but the open issue for
adding support for FreeRDP 2.0 is:

The support will be added, but there is no projection as to when.
Unfortunately, adding support for FreeRDP 2.0 (assuming the API is stable)
while maintaining compatibility with the stable 1.0.x and 1.1.x branches is
a huge task.

- Mike