Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/06/26 13:46:21 UTC

defining the bootclasspath (was: Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties)

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/6/26, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>:
>> Magnusson, Geir wrote:
>> > Its an element of uncertainty because if you change the load order,
>> surprises can happen.
>>
>> I'm confused?  The stubs do not participate in the bootclasspath order,
>> which is defined by the properties file.
> I think that we can easily avoid the problem mentioned by Geir by
> hardcoding the jar with VM kernel classes to the first place in the
> boot class path.

Yes, I understood that is what Gregory had done in HARMONY-655.

While this is fine, I also pointed out that the launcher would help VMs
do this without explicit modification.

> I mean that VM can load kernel.jar or whatever first and then read
> bootclasspath.properties, check parameters or whatever.

Agreed.

Regards,
Tim

--