Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sa...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/02 12:43:23 UTC

[ANN] WSO2 Web Services Framework for C v1.2.0 Released

WSO2 Web Services Framework for C v1.2.0 Released

WSO2 WSF/C team is pleased to announce the release of WSO2 WSF/C v1.2.0.

You can download this release from: http://wso2.org/downloads/wsf/c

WSO2 Web Services Framework/C (WSO2 WSF/C) is a standards compliant, enterprise
grade, open source, C library for providing and consuming Web services in C.

For more information, please visit our project home page:
	http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/c

-------------
Key Features
=============
   1. Attachments with MTOM
       * Binary optimized
       * Non-optimized (Base64 binary)
   2. WS-Addressing
       * Version 1.0
       * Submission
   3. WS-Policy
   4. WS-Security
       * UsernameToken
       * Signing
       * Encryption
	* Signature confirmation support
	* HMAC-SHA1 support
	* Key derivation module
	* X509 Thumbprint support
   5. WS-ReliableMessaging
   6. WS-Eventing
   7. SSL enabled Transport layer
   8. XMPPtransport layer
   9. TCP transport layer
  10. wsclient command line tool to consume Web services

--------------
Major Changes Since Last Release
================================
  1. WS-Security
	* Signature confirmation support
	* HMAC-SHA1 support
	* Key derivation module
	* X509 Thumbprint support
  2. Memory leak fixes
  3. Many bug fixes

--------------
Known Issues
  1. There can be memory leaks when using WS-ReliableMessaging. Please refer
     to the Apache Sandesha2/C README file located in the sandesha2 folder.
  2. WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-Security does not work with the Guththila
     parser.

Reporting Problems

We welcome your early feedback on this implementation.
Thank you for your interest in WSO2 WSF/C.

-- WSO2 WSF/C Team --