Posted to users@camel.apache.org by RTernier <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/30 00:16:57 UTC

Aggregator not retaining data after leaving the Route

I am successfully aggregating my XML into a single message, however once I
leave the route that does the Aggregation it goes back to the original XML.
I'm not sure why it reverts outside of the aggregate method... what is the
best practice to keep that envelope?

When the XML is "Not Correct" it turns into the XML that was split into
multiple messages before coming to the Aggregation route:

Any thoughts?

Re: Aggregator not retaining data after leaving the Route

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Its working as designed. The output from the aggregator is being
executed in the route you have in between the <aggregate> and
</aggregate>
What comes after </aggregate> is part of the route that send the
message into the aggregator, eg the input message.

If you have Camel in Action book the study chapter 8 where we cover
the aggregator in much detail.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM, RTernier <ry...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I tried doing the following:
>

> The direct:foo does contain the correct XML. But when all these routes
> finish and finally start processing on the main route that called all of
> this, that route has the wrong XML.
>
> How do I get the AggregatedXML to be the actual Envelope for this process so
> the Root Route has access to it?

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Aggregator not retaining data after leaving the Route