Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Denys Kuzmenko <dk...@apache.org> on 2024/03/29 18:36:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 4.0.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the release of Apache Hive
version 4.0.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides, among others:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
  data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Tez and Apache
Spark frameworks. (MapReduce is deprecated, and Spark has been removed
so the text needs to be modified depending on the release version)

For Hive release details and downloads, please
visit:https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html

Hive 4.0.0 Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12343343&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 4.0.0 Released

Posted by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and huge thanks to Apache Hive team and contributors for
releasing Hive 4. We have been watching the development of Hive 4 since the
release of Hive 3.1, and it's truly satisfying to witness the resolution of
all the critical issues at last after 5 years. Hive 4 comes with a lot of
new great features, and our initial performance benchmarking indicates that
it comes with a significant improvement over Hive 3 in terms of speed.

--- Sungwoo

Posted by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Okumin <ma...@okumin.com>.

Posted by Okumin <ma...@okumin.com>.

Posted by Naveen Gangam <ng...@cloudera.com>.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 4.0.0 Released

Posted by Pravin sinha <pk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update and the hard work to get it released, Denys.
Amazing to see Apache 4.0.0 released version out. Kudos to all the Hive
community members who contributed directly/indirectly to make this happen.

Best regards,
Pravin

Posted by Sankar Hariappan via user <us...@hive.apache.org>.

Posted by Sankar Hariappan <Sa...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Pau Tallada <ta...@pic.es>.

--
----------------------------------

Posted by Pau Tallada <ta...@pic.es>.

--
----------------------------------

Posted by Butao Zhang <bu...@163.com>.
I'm thrilled to see the official release of Apache Hive 4.0.0, marking another milestone in the development of the Hive community. I want to extend my gratitude to all the partners in the community for their hard work.

Also special thanks to Denys for your diligent code reviews and efforts in completing the version release process, which I deeply admire.

Wishing the Apache Hive community continued growth and success. Keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Butao Zhang

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Stamatis Zampetakis<za...@gmail.com> |