Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mitch White <MW...@atonesoftware.com> on 2007/08/31 19:36:36 UTC

Recording rcp traffic

Does the jmeter proxy record rcp traffic?

I am getting HTTP samplers in the thread group, but when I hit one of our rcp
pages, IE throws a wanring, the page doesn't render, and no sample is put in
the thread group. Everything comes to a grinding hault!

When I use the excellent tool, http://www.badboy.com.au/

I see the GET, but running the jmx file created by Badboy gives me a 404.

Wireshark still confuses me. Is there any way to record rcp traffic and get
it into a jmeter sampler?

Thanks,

Mitch

RE: Recording rcp traffic

Posted by Mitch White <MW...@atonesoftware.com>.

I'm on jmeter 2.2

> Does the jmeter proxy record rcp traffic?

What is rcp traffic?

> I am getting HTTP samplers in the thread group, but when I hit one of our
rcp
> pages, IE throws a wanring, the page doesn't render, and no sample is put
in
> the thread group. Everything comes to a grinding hault!

Any errors in JMeter log file?

> When I use the excellent tool, http://www.badboy.com.au/
>
> I see the GET, but running the jmx file created by Badboy gives me a 404.

Try comparing direct browser traffic with the Badboy script.

> Wireshark still confuses me. Is there any way to record rcp traffic and get
> it into a jmeter sampler?

See the JMeter Wiki for browser add-ons and network sniffers.

Re: Recording rcp traffic

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.