Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pedro Moreno <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 10:28:07 UTC

bundleException:unable to cache bundle in Java Web Start

Hi,

I'm trying to launch an application called SIPCommunicator (
http://sip-communicator.org/) which has a felix osgi framework from a web
link using JavaWebStart. I've followed a tutorial where all steps are
explained (felix.properties modifying, and jnlp file building etc), you can
see that tutorial in this link (
http://markmail.org/download.xqy?id=prjrzetbdkp5h4qp&number=1).

The tutorial says that you have to load all bundles from a folder and this
path is indicated in felix.properties. My folder is set in the localhost
forlder (I use the apache server to load all bundles required). But when I
launch the jnlp file I get this error:

Welcome to Felix.
=================

Auto-properties install: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to cache
bundle: reference:file:
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/argdelegation.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/defaultresources.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/lib/bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.0.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/configuration.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/resourcemanager.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/jfontchooserlib.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/browserlauncher.jar
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/simpleaccreg.jar
Auto-properties install: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to cache
bundle: reference:file:
http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/protocol-rss.jar

It happens with all bundles the program has to load. It seems to me that
felix doesnt know where deploy the bundles, doesn't it?.

In the felix.properties file I have commented the line where I can set a
specific directory to deploy the bundles. So, all my bundles would deploy in
the default folder, i.e, felix-cache.

 This line is the following, joined with a example of felix.start bundle
calling:

felix.auto.start.75= \
 reference:file:http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/argdelegation.jar

felix.auto.start.80= \
 reference:file:http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/shutdown.jar

# Uncomment the following lines if you want to run the architect viewer
# bundle.
#oscar.auto.start.100= \
# file:lib/bundle/architectureviewer1.1.jar

#Specify the directory where oscar should deploy its bundles
#org.osgi.framework.storage=${net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION}/${net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME}/sip-communicator.bin

org.osgi.framework.startlevel=100
felix.startlevel.framework=100
felix.startlevel.bundle=100
#
# Bundle config properties.
#
#org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
#osgi.shell.telnet=on
#oscar.repository.url=file:/home/rickhall/projects/noscar/repository.xml
oscar.embedded.execution=true

Can anybody help me?? I'd appreciate a lot any help.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Re: bundleException:unable to cache bundle in Java Web Start

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Such a URL doesn't make much sense:

     reference:file:http://localhost/SIPCommJWS/sc-bundles/argdelegation.jar

You cannot have an HTTP reference to a file. You need to use either:

     reference:file:/path/to/bundle

Or:

     http://url/to/bundle

You cannot combine them.

It looks like you have a really old config file...the references to
Oscar tipped me off. ;-)

Which version of Felix are you using? If 1.8.0, then you are also using
some invalid properties:

    * org.osgi.framework.startlevel should be
      org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning
    * oscar.embedded.execution is no longer needed.

Check out the usage docs for Felix to see the available properties.

-> richard