Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Hoehn <sh...@cscploenzke.de> on 2002/10/10 23:24:15 UTC

RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" buttons?

Hi Mark,

have you got an example how you solved that with JavaScript? Anywhere where
I can look it up? I did it once by counting with javascript if I have been
on the same page for the second time and refresh the page automatically, so
the front controller can manage to push me to the right page again or
refresh the page to an updated view.

regards
Stefan
Stefan Hoehn                                   CSC PLOENZKE AG
Phone  +49 (611) 142-22296      e-Business + Technology Center Central
Fax      +49 (611) 142-29513        Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1
Mobil    +49 (174) 3229853          65189 Wiesbaden
Mail     shoehn2@csc.com        http://www.cscploenzke.de
                    <Galbreath           cc:
                    @tessco.com>         Subject:     RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save",
                                         "continu     e" buttons?
                    24.09.2002
                    14:04
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "Struts Users
                    Mailing List"

Ahhh yes, the bane of web app developers!  I solved this problem with
JavaScript and cookies - no browser back operations allowed!

And spare me the "what if JavaScript is turned off" noise - it just doesn't
happen in the REAL world.

Mark